Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Pleasant Hills Pet Hospital provides surgical services for dogs, cats, rabbits and rodents. At Pleasant Hills Pet Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-surgical Consultation and Examination — We perform an exam and answer any questions you may have prior to your pet's surgery
- IV Catheter Placement — Fluids are given during the surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia — A very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatrics.
- Experienced Monitoring Support — Our trained veterinary technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- Pain Medication — Administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work (required for any surgical patients 5 years of age and older) — Ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Surgical Laser — Our laser option offers reduced pain, less bleeding, decreased swelling, a "no touch" surgical technique and faster recovery.
- ECG — A screen for detecting electrical abnormalities of the heart that could be potentially dangerous for anesthesia.
- Avid Microchip — This tiny microchip provides a permanent, positive identification which cannot be lost, altered or intentionally removed – a safe, simple and inexpensive way to protect your pet against loss or theft.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Pleasant Hills Pet Hospital provides surgical services for dogs, cats, and rodents. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
We offer the following soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries:
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL) Repair (up to 60lbs)
- Laser Declaw
- Mass /Tumor Removal
- Tibial Tuberoisty Advancement (TTA)