Prolong Your Cat's Life
Pleasant Hills Pet Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association and the American Veterinary Medical Association and take into consideration your cat’s hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Our recommendations for feline annual preventive care include:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation.
- Vaccines based on your cat’s lifestyle and/or breed.
- The following are part of our core vaccines
- Leukemia for Kittens to Cats 1 Year of age (recommended for cats that go outdoors)
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. Round worms can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
- Diagnostic Testing is used for early disease screening to help identify any internal issues which cannot be detected during a thorough physical exam.
- Wellness Bloodwork - A basic blood panel includes internal organ function and red/white blood cell counts.
- Feline Leukemia/Feline Aids Test - A blood test that detects 2 highly contagious and deadly diseases.
- Fecal Test - Using a stool sample we will check your cat for intestinal parasites to protect your pet and also your family from intestinal parasites.
- 1 out of 17 Cats test Positive for Roundworms
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.